First name origins & meanings:
- English: Resolution; wise
- Teutonic: Fierce protector
First name variations: Bille, Billye, Billea, Billeah, Bilee, Bilei, Bileigh, Biley, Byli, Bylli, Bylly, Byly, Billie, Wilma, Wilhelmina, Willamina, Wilhemine, Wihelma, Willette, Wilmette, Wyla, Willie, Willy, Will, Mina, Minnie, Minny, Billie, Helma, Vilma, Guillelmine, Guillemette, Vilhelmina, Willa
Last name origins & meanings:
- French: habitational name from any of various minor places so
named, for example in Aisne, Côte d’Or, and Nièvre. The place
name is from Romano-Gallic Billiacum, from a Gallic personal
name Billios (Latin Billius) + the locative suffix
- English: unexplained. Compare Billey.
- A man named de Billy, from Paris, is documented in Canada in 1665,
and possibly in Quebec city. Documented secondary surnames are
Courville, Léveillé, Verrier, Saint Louis.
Famous people with this first name:
Famous people who gave their babies this name: