First name origins & meanings:
- Hindi: A musical instrument
- Hebrew: Intelligence, understanding
- German: From the name Bingham: kettle-shaped hollow
First name variations: Sabina, Binah, Binta, Bintah, Byna, Bynah, Bina, Bin, Bing, Binnie, Binnee, Binni, Binny
Last name origins & meanings:
- English (chiefly South Yorkshire): topographic name for someone
who lived on land enclosed by a bend in a river, from Old English
binnan ēa ‘within the river’, or a habitational name from
places in Kent called Binney and Binny, which have this origin.
- Scottish: habitational name from Binney or Binniehill near
Falkirk, named in Gaelic as Beinnach, from beinn ‘hill’
+ the locative suffix -ach.
Comments for Binney