First name origins & meanings:
- Hebrew: Swift, strong
- Old French: Forested town
First name variations: Boas, Booz, Boz, Bosworth, Boswel, Bozwell, Boaz, Boswell
Last name origins & meanings:
- Reduced form of Dutch Van den Bos, a variant of the
topographic name Vandenbosch.
- South German and French: from the Germanic personal name Boso (see Boos).
- French (central France): variant of Bois.
(Bős): from a pet form of the old secular personal name
- Hungarian: habitational name for someone from a
place called Bős, formerly in Pozsony county, Hungary, now part of
- Hungarian (Bós): from the old Magyar secular
- Polish (Boś): from a pet form
of the personal names Bolesław or Bogusław.
Comments for Bos