| || || |
First name origins & meanings:
- American: Simple happiness
- Old English: Rhythmic flow of sounds; Possibly a combination of Katy and Cody
- Old English: Round
- Welsh: Pure
- French: Cask; Short form of Cadence
- American: Exciting
First name variations: Cadee, Cadey, Cadi, Cadie, Cadye, Caidie, Kade, Kadee, Kadi, Kadie, Kady, Kayde, Cady, Caide, Caden, Caiden, Cayden, Kade, Kaden, Kayde, Codey, Codi, Codie, Cody, Coty, Caden, Caiden, Caidin, Caidon, Caydan, Cayden, Caydin, Caydon, Kadan, Kadon, Kadyn, Kaiden, Kaden
Last name origins & meanings:
- English: from a Middle English personal name, Cade, a
survival of the Old English personal name or byname Cada, which
is probably from a Germanic root meaning ‘lump’, ‘swelling’.
- English: metonymic occupational name for a cooper, from Middle
English, Old French cade ‘cask’, ‘barrel’ (of Germanic origin,
probably akin to the root mentioned in 1).
- English: nickname for a
gentle or inoffensive person, from Middle English cade
‘domestic animal’, ‘pet’ (of unknown origin).
(Cadé): topographic name from cade ‘juniper’ (from
- Bearers of the name Caddé, from Amiens, were documented in
Quebec city by 1670.
Comments for Cade
| || || ||