First name origins & meanings:
- Latin: Strong one
- Old German: Freeholder; Feminine form of Carl
- Old English: Carl's island
First name variations: Carlah, Carlana, Carlee, Carleen, Carleigh, Carlena, Carlene, Carletta, Carlette, Carlia, Carleigh, Carlina, Carlisa, Carlita, Carlla, Carlyn, Karlla, Karla, Karlie, Karly, Karleen, Carilla, Carlin, Carla, Carlisle, Carl, Lyle, Lisle, Carlile, Carlyle
Last name origins & meanings:
- Reduced form of Irish McCarley.
- English: habitational name from the hamlet of Carley in Lifton, Devon, possibly
named with Cornish ker ‘fort’ + Old English lēah
- Perhaps an Americanized form of German
Kehrli or Kerle (see Kerley).
Comments for Carley