| || || |
First name origins & meanings:
- Welsh: Loving, kind
- French: Pure; Variation of Karen
- Greek: Pure
First name variations: Caryn, Caren, Carin, Carren, Carron, Caren, Carin, Caronn, Carren, Carrin, Carron, Carryn, Caryn, Carynn, Carynne, Kare, Kareen, Karenna, Kari, Karin, Karina, Karan, Karon, Karron, Karryn, Karyn, Keren, Kerran, Kerrin, Kerron, Kerrynn, Keryn, Kerynne, Taran, Taren, Taryn, Karen
Last name origins & meanings:
- French: from a personal name of Gaulish origin, represented in
Latin records in the form Caraunus. This name was borne by a
5th-century Breton saint who lived at Chartres and was murdered by
robbers; his legend led to its widespread use as a personal name
during the Middle Ages.
- English (of Norman origin) and French: habitational name for someone from Cairon in Calvados,
- English and French: metonymic occupational name for a
carter, or possibly a cartwright, from a Norman and Picard form of Old
French c(h)arron ‘cart’.
- There was a Caron or LeCaron, a missionary priest, in Quebec in
1615. The marriage of a Caron, of unknown origin, is recorded in
Quebec in 1637.
Comments for Caron
| || || ||