First name origin & meaning:
English: God is my judge; form of Danielle
First name variations: Deniece, Deniese, Denice, Denyse, Denyce, Deneise, Dennice, Denisse, Denesse, Danice, Denece, Denese, Deni, Denize, Denys, Deneece, Dineese, Dinice, Dynise, Dynice, Dynyce, Denicy, Denisha, Deneesha, Deniesha, Denishia, Denise, Denitta, Danita, Danett, Danitra, Danitrea, Danitria, Danitza, Daniz, Denita
Last name origins & meanings:
- French: from a short form of the personal Jordanis.
- French and English: from a pet form of Daniel.
- French: habitational name, with the preposition d(e), for
someone from Anixhe in Fexhe-lez-Slins in the Belgian province of
Liège, recorded in the 13th century as Anis.
- Hungarian: patronymic from Dani, a pet form of the personal
name Dániel, Hungarian form of Daniel.
- Czech and Slovak (Daniš): variant of Daňek
- Lithuanian and Latvian: from a
derivative of the personal name Danis, Danielius (see
- A Danis-Tourangeau, from Tours, was married in Montreal in 1658.