First name origins & meanings:
- Japanese: Two right thumbs
- Hebrew: Craftsman; spear
- Hawaiian: Man, the eastern sky
- Irish: Honor, tribute
- Japanese: Doubly accomplished, golden, man
- Scottish: Warlike
First name variations: Cathan, Kaine, Kain, Caine, Kain, Kaine, Chaim, Connie, Cain, Cathan, Kaine, Kain, Kayne, Keyne, Cane, Cain, Caine, Kainen
Last name origins & meanings:
- Irish (Ulster): reduced Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó
Catháin ‘descendant of Cathán’ (see
O’Kane). Compare Keane.
- Scottish: reduced
form of McKean.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic): altered spelling of
- Jewish (eastern Ashkenazic): variant spelling of
- Probably also an Americanized spelling of
German Köhn (see Kohn).
Comments for Kane