First name origins & meanings:
- Arabic: Beloved
- Hebrew: Regal woman
- Irish: Narrow land; handsome
- Irish: The narrows; a place where cattle graze; a wood; a church
- Scottish: From a narrow strait; the name of a Scottish region
First name variations: Cailey, Cailie, Caylie, Kailey, Kaililah, Kaleah, Kalela, Kalie, Kalilah, Kaly, Kay, Kaykay, Kaylee, Kayllie, Kylila, Kylilah, Kalila, Kayla, Kayle, Kaylee, Kalula, Kelulah, Keluila, Kelylah, Kyla, Kelila, Kylie, Kyleigh, Leigh, Lei, Kyli
Last name origins & meanings:
- Scottish and northern Irish: regional name from a district in
Ayrshire called Kyle, named for the British chieftains who ruled it in
the 5th century, the Coel Hen.
- Scottish and northern Irish: habitational name from any of the numerous Scottish places named Kyle
from Gaelic caol ‘narrow’, also caolas ‘narrows’,
‘strait’. Compare Kyles.
Famous people who gave their babies this name:
This name appears in the following lists: