First name origins & meanings:
- Polish: Sea of bitterness
- Latin: Aromatic spice
- Old English: A medieval weapon used by a knight
- Old French: Matthew's estate
First name variations: Macie, Macey, Macy, Macey, Maceo, Maci, Macie, Macy
Last name origins & meanings:
- English: from a medieval personal name, a survival of Old
English Mæssa, which came to be taken as a pet form of
- English: possibly a metonymic occupational name
for a mace-bearer, from Old French masse ‘mace’.
- English: habitational name from Macé in Orne, France.
- French (Macé): variant of Massey; also a
vernacular form of the personal name Mathieu (see
Comments for Mace