First name origins & meanings:
- Greek: Industrious
- Hawaiian: Nymph daughter of Oceanus
Last name origins & meanings:
- Southern Italian: habitational name from any of various places
in Sicily and southern Italy named Melia, as for example in the
provinces of Messina or Reggio Calabria.
- Italian: possibly from a
short form of the female personal name Amelia.
- Irish: variant of Malley.
- Dutch: from a derivative of the Latin
personal name Amelius, Amilius (see Mehle).
- Catalan (Melià): from the Latin personal name
- Georgian: from a Georgian local name.
Comments for Melia