First name origins & meanings:
- Gaelic: Merry, filled with mirth
- Hebrew: Light
- Latin: Wonder
- Spanish: Behold
- Hebrew: Bitter
- Latin: Extraordinary; to be admired; beautiful
First name variations: Esmeralda, Esmarelda, Esmaralda, Esmirelda, Esmerelda, Meera, Meara, Meera, Myra, Mirila, Mirella, Mirelle, Mirielle, Myrilla, Marabel, Myranda, Meranda, Randy, Mandy, Myrah, Myrra, Myra, Palima, Pallma, Pallmara, Pallmyra, Palma, Palmyra, Palmer, Tamyra, Temora, Timora
Last name origins & meanings:
- Galician and Portuguese: probably a habitational name from any
of the places in Galicia and Portugal named Mira.
- Catalan: of
uncertain origin; possibly from the Arabic personal name Amira,
or a derivative of Mir.
- Italian: apparently from the
personal name Mira, feminine form of Miro, from Late
Latin Mirus and Mira, respectively, from Latin
mirus ‘wonderful’, ‘marvellous’.
- Czech and Polish: from a pet form of any of various personal names formed with the
element mir ‘peace’, ‘quiet’, ‘esteem’ (see
Famous people with this first name: