First name origin & meaning:
Latin: Little one
First name variations: Pawl, Pablo, Paolo, Pauly, Pauley, Pawley, Pavel, Paulin, Pavlo, Paulo, Paulus, Powell, Pál, Paul
Last name origins & meanings:
- Catalan and Occitan: from the personal name Pol,
equivalent to Paul.
- Dutch: topographic name for
someone who lived by a grassy mound, from Middle Dutch pol
- German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): variant of
- Polish: ethnic name or regional name meaning
‘Pole’ (see Polak).
- Polish: from a shortened or reduced
form of any of several personal name containing the syllable
-pol-, e.g. Polikarp, Hipolit, or Leopold.
Comments for Pol