First name origins & meanings:
- English: Bright; famous
- English: Queen of morning
- Old English: Bright; famous
- English: Famous brilliance
First name variations: Ruperta, Robyn, Robbin, Robinette, Robina, Bobbi, Bobbie, Bobby, Bert, Berta, Bertie, Berthe, Roberta, Robbin, Robyn, Robbyn, Robbi, Robbie, Robbee, Robby, Róbert, Roberto, Rupert, Rubert, Robertson, Robinson, Robbins, Robben, Riobard, Robby, Robbie, Robey, Rober, Rab, Rob, Bobby, Bob, Bert, Berty, Tito, Dob, Dobbs, Robert
Last name origins & meanings:
- Scottish, English, French, and German: from the personal name
Robin, a pet form of Robert, composed of the short form
Rob + the hypocoristic suffix -in.
- Slovenian: unexplained.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic): variant of Rubin or
- A Robin from the Burgundy region of France is documented in Quebec
City in 1667, with the secondary surname <xref>Lapointe</xref>.
Famous people with this first name: