First name origin & meaning:
French: Red-haired; foxlike
First name variations: Rusty, Rusti
Last name origins & meanings:
- English: variant spelling of Rouse.
- German: from a short form of a Germanic personal name formed with hrōd ‘renown’.
- German (of Slavic origin): from Old Slavic rusu ‘reddish’, ‘blond’, hence a nickname or an ethnic name meaning ‘Russian’.
- Swiss German: topographic name for someone who lived by a scree, Middle High German ru(o)zze.
- In some instances the name referred to personal or business connections with Russia, the country of the Reussen, from Middle High German Riusse.
Comments for Pruss