First name origins & meanings:
- Hebrew: To hear
- Hebrew: Like the sun; His ministry
- Hebrew: Heard God; asked God
First name variations: Samuele, Samuelson, Samelle, Sammy, Sammie, Shemuel, Schmuel, Shem, Samuel, Sammie, Sammy, Samuel, Samouel, Samuele, Samuello, Sampson, Sanson, Sansone, Sammy, Samson
Last name origins & meanings:
- English: from a pet form of the personal name Samson
- Dutch (van Sam): variant of Van den
Sand (see Sand 2).
- Nigerian and Ghanaian: unexplained.
- Chinese: variant of
- Chinese: variant of Shum.
- Other Southeast Asian: unexplained.
Famous people with this first name:
Famous people who gave their babies this name:
Comments for Sam