First name origins & meanings:
- Hebrew: To hear
- Hebrew: Like the sun; His ministry
- Hebrew: Heard God; asked God
First name variations: Jasmin, Yasmin, Yasmine, Jasmina, Jesmin, Jasmain, Jasmaine, Jasmane, Jassmain, Jassmaine, Jasman, Jasmeet, Jasmit, Jassmit, Jasmine, Kazamira, Kasmira, Rosa, Rosie, Rosey, Roz, Rozsi, Rosalie, Rosalee, Rosalia, Rosetta, Rosette, Rosina, Rosena, Rasia, Rois, Rosita, Rosebud, Rosabell, Rosly, Roslin, Rosmund, Rosemonde, Rozamund, Roanee, Roanna, Rosaleen, Rosellen, Roselle, Rosella, Rosemary, Rosemarie, Chara, Charo, Rose, Sa, Ma, Lari, Laria, Sumar, Somar, Summer, Bassem, Basaam, Baseem, Basant, Bassim, Basim, Ismael, Ishma, Ishmail, Ishmale, Ishmeal, Ishmeil, Ishmel, Ismail, Ishmil, Ishmael, Satyavrat, Sagar, Sanson, Sansone, Shemuel, Schmuel, Shem, Zamael
Last name origins & meanings:
- English: from a pet form of the personal name Samson
- Dutch (van Sam): variant of Van den
Sand (see Sand 2).
- Nigerian and Ghanaian: unexplained.
- Chinese: variant of
- Chinese: variant of Shum.
- Other Southeast Asian: unexplained.
Famous people with this first name:
Famous people who gave their babies this name: