| || || |
First name origins & meanings:
- Greek: Protector of mankind
- Middle English: Alexander's son
First name variations: Alakesander, Alec, Aleck, Alejandro, Alek, Alkeos, Aleks, Aleksey, Alesandro, Alessandro, Alejo, Alex, Alexas, Alexei, Alexio, Alysander, Alexandre, Aleksander, Alick, Alik, Alyc, Alyck, Alyk, Iksander, Ixsander, Sandro, Sanders, Sandor, Sandy, Sandie, Sacha, Sasha, Xander, Alexander, Sandy, Sands, Sanderson, Saunders, Saunderson, Sanders
Last name origins & meanings:
- English, Scottish, Dutch, German, and Swedish: from the
personal name Sander, a reduced form of Alexander.
- German: topographic name for someone who lived on sandy soil,
from Sand 1 + -er, suffix denoting an inhabitant.
- Norwegian: habitational name from any of seven farmsteads so named
in southeastern Norway, from the indefinite plural form of Old Norse
sandr ‘sand’, ‘sandy plain’, ‘beach’.
Comments for Sander
| || || ||