First name origins & meanings:
- American, English, Latin: A star
- Latin: Star
- French: Variation of Estella
- English: Bright
First name variations: Stella, Starla, Starling, Starr, Stela, Stellar, Starr, Starri, Starrie, Starr
Last name origins & meanings:
- German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): nickname from German
Star, Middle High German star, ‘starling’, probably
denoting a talkative or perhaps a voracious person.
- Dutch: nickname either for a gloomy person or for someone who was
rigid and inflexible, from Middle Dutch staer ‘having a
troubled or gloomy expression’; ‘tight’, ‘stiff’.
translation of German and Jewish Stern.
- Slovenian: from the adjective star ‘old’ (see Stare).
Comments for Star