First name origin & meaning:
African, Hebrew: Sweet; unpredictable
First name variations: Pangi, Tapanga, Tanya, Tatia, Tatianna, Tatiannia, Tatie, Tattianna, Tatyana, Taynanna, Tatiana
Last name origins & meanings:
- Italian: from the Germanic personal name Tata,
- Indian (Gujarat and Bombay city): Parsi name,
probably from Gujarati tat ‘father’ (Sanskrit tāta).
- Albanian and Greek (Tatas): nickname from Albanian
tatë ‘father’, ‘daddy’.
- Turkish and Greek: nickname
for a stammerer, from Turkish and Arabic ta’ta’ ‘stammer’.
- Polish: nickname from Polish tata ‘papa’, ‘daddy’.
Comments for Tata