First name origins & meanings:
- Old English: Joy stone, victory town
- Anglo-Saxon: Battle stone
First name variations: Wystan
Last name origins & meanings:
- English: from an Old English personal name composed of the
elements wynn ‘joy’ + stān ‘stone’.
- English: habitational name from any of various places called Winston or
Winstone, from various Old English personal names + Old English
tūn ‘enclosure’, ‘settlement’, or, in the case of Winstone
in Gloucestershire, Old English stān ‘stone’.
- Americanized form of Jewish Weinstein.
Comments for Winston